Looking Ahead

Hello all. Important information in this post

If you haven’t noticed, we’ve been very slow in releasing any work. There are many factors that contribute to the decreasing rate of output. I won’t get into them, but at the end of the day, it’s true that the outlook is not healthy for our most-read series.

We’ll finish chapter 30, no problem. But the earliest we can get MMY31 moving through the pipeline is May. We are multiple chapters behind already, and there’s already another delay? Yeah. Sorry readers, that’s just how our lives panned out. It may be hard for some of you to believe, but it doesn’t revolve around scanlation.

I’ve talked with prinny and ruggia and we’ve agreed that passing the torch to another group would be the best possible outcome for the future of MMY. We have stacks of very very high quality magazine raws, so you’ll be covered there and so on. The biggest problem would be finding a translator willing, ready, and able to work on +50 pages every month. Not including the backlogged chapters, of course.

The rest of our series will be explained below:

Aiyoku no Eustia
This will be finished shortly, so piss off.

Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta.
We had already decided to drop this after one more release a few weeks back. You can expect the 20th chapter to come out in the coming weeks. Afterwards, it is up for grabs. We have all the web raws you need to work on this series.

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki -Charming Scarlet-
This will remain a joint with Vortex. We (Extras) don’t do much besides contributing scripts and raws in the joint. This won’t change. It will still be released accordingly.

Lost Man
This has been a dead project for many months already. However, we do have raw tanks purchased for this series. If you wish to pick up the series, we can provide you with these raws. It is all up for grabs.

Maoyuu 4-Koma: You’re Horrible, Maou-sama!
This was suppose to be done by one of our new translators, but he/she bailed on us immediately. Just one of those people who wants access to our MMY raws. We just can’t get a break, eh? Anyway, we have stacks of web raws for this series, so you’ll be covered there. Feel free to contact us for them.

Is your group ready to rock and roll? Contact us through the usual channels (eg. not email) and we can suss out the details.

Don’t worry, we’ll still be around – we’re not done releasing yet! You can always chat with us in our IRC channel and we host animu nights every weekend for group circlejerks. Wanna game? We’re all ears for a coop game we can all play. And of course, I’ll always be shitposting on /a/.

See y’all next 3AMv2 release.
Lollipop
PS. Just so we’re all clear, we’re not dropping anything until we find a suitable group to pick up the work.

Comments (19)
  • Mitsuru-kun Feb 28 2014 - 3:52 pm Reply

NOOOOOOOOO Oh well.

• Kuma-pun Feb 28 2014 - 3:55 pm Reply

Finally faster MMY releases!
    There’s hope now!!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• DJ Feb 28 2014 - 10:55 pm Reply

NOOOOOO Yuuka!!!
    there were only 9 (Long) chapters left… D’x

I like your excellent work on it… that’s a shame.
    Well, I hope someone take it and work it. I really like this manga and Yuuka TT-TT
    but well…

Good luck guys, I love your hard work and dedication after all.

• l33tm4ch1n3 Mar 2 2014 - 3:43 am Reply

NOOOO!!! MMY!!!
    How will I get my crack fix now??

Honestly this series deserves good scanlators, no matter how great the manga quality, scanlations can really make or break the enjoyment of a series (sketchy TL <- especially the TL, no redraws, etc, etc). Although you guys took a while to produce releases the quality in your work shows!!! It was always worth the wait. My only hope now is that the torch is passed to a group that can match your dedication to quality. Well anyway good luck on your future endeavors!!!

P.S. Is there anyway to have MMY passed to another quality group? I worry the future of MMY's scanlation!

• Mitsuru-kun Mar 2 2014 - 5:14 am Reply

Don’t worry. We are in the talks of handing MMY to another group. If you are interested in which group, drop by our irc channel.

• Dieg657 Mar 4 2014 - 12:56 pm Reply

Lollipop, in the case the releases you worked forward 31 has been suspended? If you’re not find another group before the launch of chapter 31, you’re will be working in this series? Thanks for all!

• Lollipop! Mar 4 2014 - 3:48 pm Reply

>Just so we’re all clear, we’re not dropping anything until we find a suitable group to pick up the work.

• Dieg657 Mar 5 2014 - 10:43 am Reply

Oh dude! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, I understand reasons for this! Unfortunately the life requires another responsibilities from all we! I wish to all of you have an great sucess in all jobs, and things yours do! I continue come here to check all of your jobs soon as possible! I thank all for the time spent here! Greetings for all!

• Chris Mar 4 2014 - 3:34 pm Reply

Firstly, we thank you for all the time and effort you’ve put into the MMY project and for giving us all on the web a history of high-quality, polished releases. You’ve pretty much set a standard for online scanlation, at least for me personally, and I along with probably a bunch of other kids are extremely grateful.

That said, has anyone on staff tried talking to Red Hawk?

• Me Mar 9 2014 - 4:22 am Reply

T_T is sad to see you guys have problems with RL and Scalation, but either way, I wish you the best for all of your projects (honestly I just read de MMY, really good stuff ).

Good luck guys, but if I understood correctly are you going to shutdown extrascans after you pass along all the projects?

makes me sad the idea of you guys finishing this project(extrascans), but I am also happy that you are thinking on all of us and ensuring all the stuff is sorted out before closing shop(if that is the case…)

Anyway guys, Thanks a lot!!!! :)

• Boo Mar 16 2014 - 8:12 am Reply

D: this is very sad news, and I’m conflicted on the whole subject.

On one hand, faster releases would be nice.

On the other, I really have enjoyed your scans/translations and found them extremely fitting for the art style. It’s something I feel is lacking for many manga projects (not even talking about poor translating like water panda) but your choice of words has always been…well….they give off the happy dappy feeling :) very suitable for MMY.

In fact, was happy dappy a literal translation? Or just your take on it? If the latter that just further supports my point.

That said, while I wouldn’t dare request you guys stick around longer than you want to on the project, I’d like to at least give you my vote of confidence…or patience in this case that I’m one of the people that would be willing to wait.

I mean…if catching up was an issue, I’d already have read the LN. And you guys projected May right? So bi-monthly? I’m use to that from stuff like Historie, no biggie.

Might be a bit of a problem if down the line it gets to Miura or Togashi speed with a bi-annual release rate, but by that point I’m sure you guys wouldn’t wanna deal with it either.

Do hope someone picks up Lost Man though.

• Boo Mar 16 2014 - 8:17 am Reply

Oh and that applies to the typesetting or…whatever the term is for what fonts and how you place the text and stuff too! :)

• cirk Mar 19 2014 - 10:37 am Reply

Thanks for your hard work. I have been enjoying your releases immensely. Best of luck to you all.

• harshrox2 May 10 2014 - 7:04 am Reply

great work in carrying on till 30th chapter . congrts seeing fwd to mmy 4 koma
    which group is scans are working for mmy now?

• zargin May 10 2014 - 9:05 am Reply

I was disappointed much back then when someone and I suggested something carefully and you brushed it off ‘very kindly’, but for scanlation, true you’re one of the best group with very high quality. Every release is always at its best. Thank you soooo very much for your hardwork.

• tadakunii Dec 9 2014 - 10:36 pm Reply

nyanpasu~

Heard from Mitsuru-kun that Classmate was dropped. Really slowpoke, I know, but us at MSD would want to finish the series. Hopefully you guys can give us a copy of the raws. You can either send the link via email or just memo me at IRC.

Thank you very much and more power to you! ^^